About Novus Diagnostics:
When a patient is critically ill, giving their doctor the right information at the right time can mean the difference between life and death. At Novus Diagnostics, we are developing a ground-breaking diagnostics technology to provide rapid answers right at the patient’s bedside.
Our first product, SepTec, will help tackle the global challenge of sepsis which kills more than 11 million people every year. Our technology platform brings together novel electrochemical sensors, centrifugal microfluidics and automated sample processing and analysis to diagnose and characterise a blood stream infection within 15 minutes; enabling earlier lifesaving targeted treatment.
What we’re looking for:
We are a young, driven company working to solve a major global health challenge. We are building a team of people who are excited by this challenge and committed to making a real difference through their work. We are searching for a talented and versatile Research Assistant to support our platform development activities.
Reporting to the CSO, you will work cross functionally under the direction of senior assay scientists and engineers. We are looking for a person who enjoys solving problems collaboratively.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out experiments and research according to protocols laid out by primary researchers
- Microfabrication, assembly and testing of microfluidic prototypes
- Assisting, quality control and testing of microfluidic prototypes
- Assisting with health & safety activities including updating, maintaining and preparing risk assessments and Standard Operating Procedures
- Collecting, logging, graphing and conducting statistical analyses of data sets
- Creating presentation slides, posters and reports to present findings
- Reviewing print and online resources to gather information
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and inventory
- Engaging in the dissemination of the results of R&D
Their ideal colleague will have:
- A minimum of BS degree in analytical science or related scientific field
- Good oral/written communication skills to discuss and document research progress.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solve technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of R&D.
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology and logical critical analysis.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary (€25,000-€30,000)
- Share Options